Quantum Base Limited (“We” “QB”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Website Terms and any other documents referred to therein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.quantumbase.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.quantumbase.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, place an order on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, and another other personal information that you choose to share with us.
Information we collect about you. Each time you visit our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit and traffic patterns, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, reference site domain name, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call QB.
We do not consider personal data to include information that is anonymous or that we have made anonymous so that it cannot be used to identify an individual. In line with every other internet business, we will analyse our server activity logs. These servers log the number of times different creative executions are served but no other data is stored. None of this recorded data is personally identifiable to any user. We do not collect any personally identifying information about the internet user for the purposes of internet advertising.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How do we use your information?
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to contact you about the transaction or inquiry you were making, even if you did not complete it. We will offer assistance to help you complete the enquiry or transaction;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes or enhancements to our site, service or products;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, improve the design and layout of our site and our web analytics tools;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to monitor traffic patterns and to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Do we share your information?
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We do not collect information about you from public bodies or private organisations. We may share anonymous information or information that we have made anonymous with our customers or other third parties to provide information for analytics, website usage or for other retail purposes.
We may disclose your personal information, if we are legally obliged to do so, to a third party buyer or seller in the event that we buy or sell any part of our business or assets. If Quantum Base Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
How do we store your information?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data and take online security very seriously, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We use industry standard encryption technologies, including Secure Sockets Layer software (SSL), to protect the security of your personal data. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
How long do we keep your information?
We do not keep personal data longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
We want to keep you up to date with information about our products and services and to assist you with your inquiries. However, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, third party publications or materials. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to your information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like to request information, please contact us on the details set out below.